Tender steak over fresh spring salad greens with crumbled blue cheese is a flavor combination that always satisfies. You could also toss some halved cherry tomatoes or sugar snap peas in to the mix! Grass-fed steak, spring onions, green beans, cherry tomatoes, and sugar snap peas are all available at market this week!
- 2 Top Sirloin or NY Strip beef steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons crushed mixed peppercorns (black, white, pink and green)
- 2 medium red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens
- ½ cup sliced spring onions
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground mixed peppercorns
Bring 1-inch water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add green beans, cover and cook 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
Press 2 teaspoons peppercorns evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange peppers around steak. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (135°F) to medium (145°F) doneness.
Grill peppers 7 to 11 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until crisp-tender, turning steaks and vegetables occasionally.
Carve steaks into thin slices. Cut peppers into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Season the beef and vegetables with salt, as desired. Evenly divide the salad greens among four serving bowls and top with vegetables. Arrange beef on each salad. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.