This bright, satisfying salad is super easy to throw together to go with most any meal all summer! You can also add other items to taste – like bell pepper, black olives, or pepperoncini. You will find cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and parsley at the market this week!
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, preferably multi-colored, halved
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, if preferred
In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, chickpeas and onion.
Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
Add dressing, feta, and parsley to large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and marinate to meld flavors, refrigerated, for 2-3 hours before serving.