We look forward to seeing you again when we reopen for the 2020 season on April 4th, from 8am to 12pm, bringing you fresh veggies, fruits, meats, eggs, baked goods, preserved foods, perennial plants and garden starts, handmade crafts, and more!
Chatham Mills Farmers’ Market is a producer only market. Every product is grown or made with care by our vendors. Come and get clean, healthy food from your local farmers and help keep money in our community!
We are paying close attention to developments and recommendations concerning COVID-19 and will be practicing social distancing and other protective measures. We are committed to serving our farmers and community as long as it is safe to do so and will keep you posted if we need to make any changes to the schedule.
Here is a list of suggested good practices that we ask of our farmers and customers to help us all have a safer farmers’ market experience:
- The market will temporarily forego any taste-testing or product sampling.
- Please allow vendors to serve customers one-at-a-time and avoid crowds or lines at vendor tables. If someone is already with the vendor you would like to visit, please hang back, or visit another vendor for a few minutes.
- Please avoid handling produce that you don’t plan to purchase. When you would like to purchase something, please point it out and have the vendor bag it for you.
- If paying with cash, offering exact dollar amounts will be best – minimizing the exchange of cash back to the customer. Paying with a debit/credit card would be best overall. Vendors may choose to only accept debit/credit.
- As much as we are looking forward to seeing you, please stay home if you feel unwell. We will enjoy seeing you when you feel better!
We have a great lineup of special market events planned for 2020, but will be cancelling our nearest upcoming events, the Spring Plant Sale and Spring Vendorpalooza. We will make decisions regarding summer events as the dates draw closer.
Many of our vendors will still be at market selling plants, along with the rest of the produce. Check out our Vendor Produce List each week to see what plants are available at market for your projects at home.
Check out our full schedule of events for the 2020 season on our Events Page.
We are now accepting Vendor Applications for the 2020 season! We will consider vendors in many categories, including vegetables, fruit, meat and poultry, eggs, milk, cheese and other dairy, cut flowers, jams and other preserves, honey, baked goods, prepared foods, body and wellness products or services and handmade crafts. Vendors must be the producer of all items sold and must be growing or making their products within 100 miles of Pittsboro. You will find more information and our application in the sidebar of this website. If you have any questions, please contact our market manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a performer? A not-for-profit organization, club, or group? Are you an expert in sustainability, food, agriculture, or anything else related to farms, food, and local goodness? The Chatham Mills Farmers’ Market would like to hear from you! We are looking to partner with entertainers, experts, and non-profits who’d like to raise a little money and spread the word about their organization at the Market this year! If interested, please contact our market manager at email@example.com