A perfectly light and delicious early-spring salad! This recipe is vegan, but if you like, throw in some feta or goat cheese and your favorite toasted nuts for a heartier dish. You will find arugula, sugar snap peas, and plenty of strawberries at the market this week!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar OR red balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon water
- ⅛ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 to 8 cups arugula leaves
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 to 1 ½ cups sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons fresh torn mint leaves
For the dressing, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, water, zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Divide the arugula, strawberries, and sugar snap peas evenly among four plates and drizzle the dressing evenly over the salads.
Garnish each salad with 1 tablespoon each of basil and mint and serve.