Fresh baby spring greens, thin-sliced tender steak, and crumbled blue cheese are a winning flavor combination! Throw in some spinach with the mix for extra YUM. You will find grass-fed beef steak from CATHIS Farm and baby salad mix & spinach from Red Roots Farm at the market this week!
For spice mixture:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 cups (packed) mixed baby greens
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks, each 5-6 ounces and about 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 tomato, quartered
For spice mixture
Mix all ingredients in small bowl. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
Whisk oil, vinegar and mustard in large bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Add greens, bell pepper and onion and toss to coat. Divide salad between 2 plates.
Spread spice mixture on plate. Coat both sides of steaks with spice mixture. Dip both sides of steaks into melted butter. Heat heavy large skillet over high heat until very hot. Add steaks and cook to desired doneness, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer to cutting board; let stand 2 minutes. Thinly slice steaks crosswise. Arrange slices atop salads. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with tomato and serve.