Super fast, cool, and fresh! The zip of the jalapeno peppers and red onion is a lovely combination with the sweet cantaloupe. Use heirloom tomatoes in different colors to make it especially tasty and attractive for a party! You will find cantaloupes, red onions, bell peppers, and a variety of different tomatoes at the market this week!
- 4 cups cantaloupe, diced
- 4 cups tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium bell pepper (green or yellow), diced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Mix cantaloupe, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, lemon juice, lime juice, and garlic together in a bowl.
Add enough olive oil to moisten the salsa; season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate until chilled and flavors have combined, 1 to 2 hours.