Enjoy the wonderful taste of summer! Cherry tomatoes, garlic, and fresh basil are delicious with the healthy protein of chickpeas, pistachios, and two kinds of cheese. You will find multicolored cherry tomatoes from Chatham Oaks Farm and onions from Cool Springs Farm and Red Roots Farm at the market this week!
- 1 prepared pie crust or homemade pie dough, defrosted
- all-purpose flour (for surface)
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, drained, rinsed, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons raw pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 ounces grated Parmesan (about 1/2 cup), divided
- 1 3/4 ounces grated Gruyère (about 1/3 cup), divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mild onions
- 2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 450°F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 10 1/2″ round. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill until ready to use.
Pulse chickpeas, pistachios, oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a food processor until coarsely chopped, about 15 seconds.
Sprinkle half of cheese over top of dough, leaving a 1/2″ border. Sprinkle three-quarters of chickpea crumble over cheese. Top with onion, then tomatoes. Top with remaining cheese and chickpea crumble.
Fold edges of dough over filling, tucking and overlapping slightly as needed. Using a pastry brush, brush edges of crust with egg wash.
Bake tart until crust is golden brown and tomatoes are roasted and beginning to burst, 16–18 minutes.
Top tart with basil, cut into wedges, and serve.