Fresh, delicious, and a super-fast and easy side dish for summer! Why do extra cooking when you can have crisp cukes and sunny cherry tomatoes together in a flavorful salad. You will find cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, onions, and basil at the market this week!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 5 mini cucumbers, sliced into 1/4” coins, or 2 larger cucumbers, sliced and halved
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- ¼ cup red onions , diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves , chopped
Add cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and basil to a bowl.
Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on top. Season with salt and pepper. Toss everything to coat.
Refrigerate for a couple of hours to meld flavors before serving.
* Add feta or blue cheese for a salty kick and extra protein!