While greens are in season you can always have a quick and hearty dinner side-dish ready in 5 minutes! This simple recipe is delicious and vegan-friendly. You will find a variety of leafy greens that will go great with these flavors (kale, bok choi, Swiss chard, and spinach) at the market this week!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bunches leafy greens, stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add the greens, in batches if necessary, letting them wilt before adding remaining batches.
Once wilted, add an additional 1 tablespoon of oil and the garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Finally, add the white wine and let it cook out. Add the lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Drain any remaining moisture before serving.