Roasted with a crispy saltiness on the outside, slightly caramelized on the edges and tender on the inside, these crispy garlic parmesan roasted carrots are super easy to make, with a satisfying sweet and salty result. Both carrots and green garlic are available at the market this week!
- 2 pounds carrots, washed, peeled, and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 stalks green garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic cloves)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs (or normal breadcrumbs)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, optional
Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray.
Arrange carrots on baking sheet. Pour over the olive oil, then add the garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
Toss all ingredients together to completely coat the carrots. Spread out and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender. Toss with a spatula half way through.
Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with fresh parsley if desired.