Roasting radishes brings out the sweetness that is otherwise masked by the peppery kick that radishes are known for. They are delicious served alongside grilled meats or added to salads. You will find both watermelon radishes and red radishes at the market this week!
- 1 lb. fresh radishes, stems removed, ends trimmed, and halved
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee (butter, coconut oil, or avocado oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley, dried chives, or dried dill or mix
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Optional toppings: Ranch dressing for drizzling or garnish of fresh parsley, dill, or chives
Preheat oven to 425℉. In a bowl, combine the radishes, cooking fat (ghee, butter or oil), dried herbs, salt, and pepper; toss until the radishes are evenly coated.
Spread radishes out in a single layer in a large 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes.
After the first 10 minutes of baking add the minced garlic and toss.
Return to oven to bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until radishes are golden brown and easily pierced with a fork.
If desired, serve with ranch dressing for dipping or drizzling on top and garnish with fresh parsley, dill, or chives.