This recipe is flavorful and easy and can be paired with plenty of your favorite fresh vegetables! Add it to your meal planning list for weekday lunches and enjoy it with different sides each day. You will find ground beef and ground chuck, eggs, green onions, radishes, cucumbers, and peppers at the market this week!
GROUND BEEF SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce , regular
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp rice wine
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- A few sprinkles ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
GROUND BEEF BOWL:
- Rice bran oil, or cooking oil of choice
- 1 lb ground beef or ground chuck
- 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds , garnish
- 2 stalk green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice of your choice (e.g. sushi rice, basmati rice, jasmine rice, brown rice, purple rice, and cauliflower rice etc.)
SIDE DISH IDEAS (OPTIONAL):
- avocado , thinly sliced
- cucumber , thinly sliced
- radish , thinly sliced
- broccoli , steamed or pan fried
- asparagus , pan fried
- bell peppers , pan fried
- egg , sunny side up
- kimchi , chopped
- roasted seasoned seaweed , crushed or shredded
BIBIMBAP SAUCE (OPTIONAL):
- 2 Tbsp gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Combine the ground beef sauce in a medium size bowl and whisk well. Set aside. If using bibimbap sauce, combine all the sauce in a separate bowl and set aside.
In a well heated skillet, cook the ground beef over medium high heat until the meat mostly turns brown (about 3- 4 mins). Stir often while breaking clumps of the meat.
Pour the ground beef sauce over the meat and simmer for 2-3 mins, while stirring occasionally. Add the sesame seeds and green onions. Stir around quickly. Remove from the heat.
Serve the cooked beef over a bed of cooked rice. (Optional) Top up with your choice of sides and drizzle over the bibimbap sauce.