Time for a fresh and simple salad now that fall baby greens are coming in! This one is tasty, and includes a recipe for a white balsamic vinaigrette that goes great with the spinach and zesty arugula. You will find fresh spinach, arugula, red bell peppers, and garlic at the market this week!
- 2 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 ounces fresh arugula
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Toss the spinach, arugula, cucumber, pepper, onion, and feta cheese together in a large bowl.
Add the dressing ingredients together in a jar, place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until well combined.
Serve the salad with dressing on the side.
The recipe makes about 3/4 cup of dressing, more than you need for the salad. You can probably get away with halving the dressing recipe if you don’t want any leftover.