This one skillet steak and peppers has so much flavor! It is packed full of juicy steak, tender crisp onions, and sweet peppers in a light Hoisin ginger mustard sauce. You can serve over rice or udon noodles but it tastes great all by itself! You will find grass-fed steak and both green and red sweet peppers at the market this week!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root or ginger root paste
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs trimmed steak and cut into bite size strips (such as petite shoulder, sirloin or T-bone)
- 1 green pepper julienne cut
- 1 red pepper julienne cut
- 1 medium sweet onion cut in thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
In large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce and stir to blend. Turn heat up to medium high and add steak. Cook until browned and slightly crispy; stirring several times. Cook 3-4 minutes depending on how you like your steak. Remove from pan and plate.
In same skillet over medium high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add peppers and onions and cook until just starting to brown on the edges; approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and plate.
In same skillet over low heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook garlic for 30 seconds. Add cider vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce. Return steak, peppers and onions to pan and stir to coat. Warm for 1-2 minutes and serve.