Another way to enjoy the fruits of summer’s bounty! These sheet pan veggies are incredibly simple yet full of delicious flavor and make a great healthy, easy summer side dish to any meal. You will find yellow squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and garlic at the market this week!
- 2 zucchini (1 lb), cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 yellow squash (1 lb), cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic , minced (1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh or dried parsley , for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line an 18 x 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil.
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning (if possible let rest 5 – 10 minutes to allow flavors to infuse into oil). Place zucchini, squash, and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over top and gently toss with hands to evenly coat.
Pour onto prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top of each.
Roast in preheated oven 25-30 minutes until veggies are tender and Parmesan is golden brown. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve warm.