This recipe features cauliflower tossed together with the season’s first tender summer squash and chili-garlic sauce for a wonderful vegetarian side-dish! You will find cauliflower, summer squash, and spring onions from Cool Springs Farm and Grand Hope Farm at the market this week!
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1/2 pound summer squash, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 medium head cauliflower, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the onions. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the onions are soft.
Add the garlic, squash and cauliflower and stir occasionally until the squash and cauliflower are lightly browned and tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Cook until heated through. Remove from the heat and toss with cilantro.