This jazzed-up turkey burger is a super-flavorful and juicy alternative to ground beef! For our Alpha-Gal friends or for anyone wanting to eat healthier or just change things up a bit! You will find pasture-raised & organic-fed ground turkey from CATHIS Farm at the market this week!
Spicy Sweet Mayo
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup coarse-grain mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 ¼ pounds ground turkey breast
- ½ large onion, grated
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 5 hamburger buns, split
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, honey, horseradish, hot pepper sauce, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
Mix ground turkey, grated onion, jalapeno, barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, steak seasoning, and mesquite seasoning in a large bowl. Form into 5 patties.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until the onion is very tender and dark brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C), about 6 minutes per side. Serve on buns topped with spicy sweet mayo and caramelized onions.