This easy vegetarian side is a delicious way to combine the best flavors of summer with parmesan cheese for a savory and satisfying dish. You will find zucchini and yellow squash, cherry and slicing tomatoes, garlic, and fresh basil at the market this week!
- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 medium), chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, preferably multi-colored, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp.
- Torn basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, combine zucchini, tomatoes, garlic and a drizzle of olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Transfer vegetables to a small baking dish, then sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake until golden, 33 to 35 minutes.
Garnish with basil and serve.